I have a lot of work to do. This pile of books just keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I can’t stop buying more. I’ve been out of school for a while now, but I am a student of life and my homework is piling up!
In my defence, the top two books, The TV Writer’s Workbook by Ellen Sandler, and Screenplay by Syd Field I have already read. They just happen to be books I go back to a lot so I like to keep them handy.
- The TV Writer’s Workbook is a book I bought when I was trying to teach myself to write a television script. This summer I got it in my head that I was going to write a television pilot. I’m almost done, and I think it’s pretty good! Anyone know anyone at HBO? lol…..anyway, I could not have even begun to write it without this book. Thank you, Ellen Sandler!
- Screenplay was a book that was recommended to me by various people. Syd Field’s book is a staple for anyone that is looking to get into writing for film or television, but it’s more specifically for film. Regardless, I learned more that I ever imagined!
- I am embarrassed to say that I have yet to read J.D Salinger’s The Catcher In The Rye! I somehow got away with not having to read it when I was in High School, and I feel horrible about it. It has been on my to-read list for a very long time!
- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer, was given to me by a dear friend. Everything she has ever told me to read has been amazing so I have no doubt I will devour this one when the time comes!
- Free For All, by Kenneth Turan and Joseph Papp was an impulse buy at the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. I have been interested in Joseph Papp and The Public Theatre for years so I’m so excited to learn more about creation of the theatre company and its history.
- A.J Jacob’s The Know It All has probably been on my list the longest. It’s one of those books that I know I will love and I bought it immediately…but somehow, for some reason, I have yet to read it! What is wrong with me?
I am book fanatic. If you’d like to see which self-help books I love make sure to check out my post, Give Yourself A Hand.